Research Development Core Grants
How to Submit a Proposal
Registration will open on August 1, 2023!
The deadline for pilot grant proposals will be October 15, 2023. Proposals will fund November 1, 2023 through May 31, 2024.
General Procedures & Guidelines
The Oklahoma Nathan Shock Center is soliciting applications to support the research of junior investigators developing R01 applications and senior investigators developing new applications to the NIH in the Biology of Aging. The projects should utilize the specific services provided by the Oklahoma Nathan Shock Cores as described on the website for the Multiplexing Protein Analysis Core, Genomic Sciences Core, GeroScience Redox Biology Core, GeroInformatics Core, or the Geropathology Service in the Program Enhancement Core. The awards are generally between $5,000 and $20,000 depending on the specific needs of the applicant. Applications from institutions outside of the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center are strongly encouraged.
Deadlines and Award Dates
All Applications Due: OCTOBER 15, 2023
Award Date: NOVEMBER 1, 2023
Funding Period: November 1, 2023 - May 31, 2024
Application must include:
- Page 1: Title page with PI and institution contact information.
- Page 2: Hypothesis and specific aims of the project.
- Page 3: The specific Oklahoma Nathan Shock resources that are requested, the number of samples that will be analyzed and an approximate timeframe for completion of the studies. Please contact core leaders before submission of the application to discuss project details.
- Page 4: A one (1) paragraph statement on how this research will impact your future directions in aging research and timeframe for the submission of manuscripts and/or grant applications.
- Page 5-9: Current NIH Biosketch including other support.
Submit your formal application as a SINGLE pdf file in the proposal form.
For more information, please refer to the Oklahoma Nathan Shock Center website.
Need More Information?
If you have a Question or need More Information about our services, please send us your request and we will contact you soon
© 2019 Oklahoma Nathan Shock Center on Aging