Research Development Core Grants
How to Submit a Proposal
The deadline for pilot grant proposals from the Oklahoma Nathan Shock Center on Aging is December 15, 2020. To submit a proposal, simply follow the steps below. Depending on the scope of the proposal or project this step wise process may take a few days to several weeks .
General Procedures & Guidelines
The Oklahoma Nathan Shock Center is soliciting applications to support the research of junior investigators developing R01 applications and senior investigators developing new applications to the NIH in the Biology of Aging. The projects should utilize the specific services provided by the Oklahoma Nathan Shock Cores; the Multiplexing Protein Analysis Core, Genomic Sciences Core, GeroScience Redox Biology Core, GeroInformatics Core, or the Geropathology Service in the Program Enhancement Core. The awards are generally between $5,000 and $20,000 depending on the specific needs of the applicant. Applications from institutions outside of the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center are strongly encouraged.
Deadlines and Award Dates
- All Applications Due: December 15, 2020
- Award Date: January 15, 2021
- Funding Period: January 15 – June 30, 2021
All Applications Due: December 15, 2020
Award Date: January 15, 2021
Funding Period: January 15 – June 30, 2021
Application must include:
- Page 1: Title page with PI and institution contact information.
- Page 2: Hypothesis and specific aims of the project.
- Page 3: The specific Oklahoma Nathan Shock resources that are requested, the number of samples that will be analyzed and an approximate timeframe for completion of the studies. Please contact core leaders before submission of the application to discuss project details.
- Page 4: A one (1) paragraph statement on how this research will impact your future directions in aging research and timeframe for the submission of manuscripts and/or grant applications.
- Page 5-9: Current NIH Biosketch including other support.
Need More Information?
If you have a Question or need More Information about our services, please send us your request and we will contact you soon
© 2019 Oklahoma Nathan Shock Center on Aging
Enter your text here...